Thursday, October 2, 2014

White.. With 1 Challenge (radiant orchid) Oct 2014

This one had me stumped for quite a few days! .. and I set the colour for the challenge - it was all my own doing!

Purple is not usually a colour I work with so it took a lot of thinking and agonising rather than just jumping in. A real challenge for sure.

I dont have much of a stash of anything purple (my girl is a pink and orange fan - I prefer red).
So the choices were very limited on what I had to use so I ended up using some TA Glimmer Mist in
'Pashmina' to have a play on the spotty BB white cardstock background. Just applied it using an eye dropper in big amounts and 'chased' the ink around the page with a straw being careful not to breathe it on or spit on the layout! It came out brilliantly!.

Also included bits & pieces from all over the place including a white paper ball swizzle stick from e2c earlier this year! .. I handmade the dotty flair button using some fabric I had and some sheer organza type netting (think it was from a HS collection YEARS AGO!) was bundled up behind the button using helmar 450 and held in place with a peg until it set.
The bow was made using some d-lish glitter washi tape and just cut & folded into a bow. The clouds are from Studio Calico (I think).

Have you checked out what the rest of the WW1 design team did this month? ..
Lots of different and gorgeous inspiration to be seen!
Thanks for looking :) 

Cheers
jx

No comments:

Post a Comment